Tuesday 6 December 2011

Crab & Artichoke Pizza

If you know me - you know I LOOOOOOVE pizza.  No really.  If I was on a deserted island and I could have one type of food forever, it would be pizza.  I eat it no less than at least ONCE during my six days off.  And if I miss out - I'm kinda sad.

I like it fresh, I like it leftover, then only stipulation I have is that it has to be heated up. 

Now.  I was a particularly picky child.  I hated almost everything.  EV.RY.THING.

But pizza I liked.  Only cheese though.  Plain cheese.  Well, with the sauce.  Sauce and cheese.  I still like to order it like that - and the people taking my order always go "uh, is that it?".  Yeah.  That's it.  Just do it.

And now, I have expanded my horizons a little.  I do like pepperoni.  I LOVE the Bruschetta Pizza at Pizza Hut.  I had a goat cheese pizza the other day - it was heaven.

I keep wanting to expand my horizon even farther.  You know - just in case I'm missing something fabulous.

There are rules though - no pineapple, no mushrooms, no chicken.  I have a firm belief that chicken doesn't belong on pizza.

And you might say "crab doesn't belong on pizza either", but I've never had it on pizza and I may land on the side of Crab Belongs on Pizza.  Who knows.

So tonight, I halved my oh so wonderful pizza crust recipe and when it was ready to go, I topped with the called for toppings.


I didn't use as much garlic as the recipe called for, and I didn't use all the crab or artichokes, and I thought it could have used a little more cheese.




It smelled SO SO good when it was cooking.  I could hardly wait for it to come out of the oven.

Even though it didn't rock my world, it was preTTy darn good.  Although I was right it - could have used more cheese.

I don't know if I would add it to a regular rotation or not, but it was great for something different.

Be warned - it doesn't reheat well.


This is the Cane Girl - signing off.


Crab & Artichoke Pizza
1 recipe pizza dough
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (6 ounce) can crab meat - drained and cartilage removed
1 (6 ounce) jar quartered artichoke hearts in water - drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease a pizza pan. (I went by my dough recipe's instructions)
  2. Roll out pizza dough and place onto a pizza pan.
  3. Sprinkle dough with red pepper flakes.
  4. Top evenly with crab and artichokes.
  5. Drizzle with olive oil.
  6. Sprinkle with garlic, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
  7. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is no longer doughy, about 20 minutes.
  8. Set oven to broil and cook pizza for 5 minutes more until the cheese has begun to brown.  (uh - yeah - I missed this part)
Source:  Allrecipes

3 comments:

  1. Your Dad wants to know where the dough recipe is. Love you :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know - goat cheese makes me want to barf :( I just can't learn to like it. ICK ICK ICK

    ReplyDelete