Friday 3 June 2016

Chicken Parmesan Burgers

Hi there!

I'm sure by now you've perused the DELISH burgers I mentioned in my recent roundup post and you're absolutely dying to get out there and barbecue some up!  I don't blame you!

Ground chicken isn't something I'm really used to working with.  I guess because I've always been a little unsure about it.  Maybe it's because I've always heard that ground chicken is gross and dry and BOOORRING. 

Who knows. 

But mix that chicken with some delicious fresh parsley, parmesan cheese, and other fun stuff? 

Totally different ballgame.

I didn't take pictures of me putting everything into the chicken - but it's a mix of chicken, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, flat leaf parsley, garlic, shallot, and salt and pepper.

You can absolutely do these in a grill pan or cast iron pan on your stovetop - but I LOVED the extra little bit of flavor that the barbecue added!

You'll top these chicken burgers with warm marinara sauce.  Or plain old tomato sauce if you want.





Then top with mozzarella cheese - there is already parmesan in the burger



And then crush it.


Can we just fall in LOVE with that bun for a sec?  Good grief it's perfect!

The burger though..  A ton of flavor packed in that little package right there!  Just remember when you're cooking the patties not to press on them.  And try not to overcook them.  But don't UNDERcook them.  (would you laugh if I told you that I was so completely stressed about the proper "doneness" I almost cried?)

Definitely warm up the marinara or tomato sauce.  I absolutely believe that it improves the flavor of the sauce.  Also - it helps the cheese be all melty and wonderful.  You could also use fresh mozzarella which would be awesome.

Also these aren't wildly filling, so you can feel free to have LOTS of dessert!  I know I did.  (Let's face it - I always do!)

Enjoy!
-Heather

Chicken Parmesan Burgers

1 batch hamburger buns
1 pound ground chicken
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
3 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, finely diced
Salt and pepper (as desired, I used 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
Marinara sauce (or tomato sauce), warm
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
  1. Combine the chicken, Parmesan, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic, shallot, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.  Be sure to not overmix.
  2. Form the chicken mixture into 4 patties - about the same diameter as the buns you'll be using.  Press your thumb into the center of the pattie to create a divot.  This will help speed up the cooking time.  Place patties on a plate/cutting board and leave in fridge for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
  3. Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
  4. Lightly oil the grates of the barbecue.
  5. Place each pattie on the barbecue and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.  Flip and cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes until cooked through.
  6. While the patties are cooking, heat up the marinara sauce.
  7. To assemble:  place a pattie on the bottom half of a bun, top with warm marinara, top with shredded cheese, top with top half of a bun.
Source:  Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment