Friday 22 September 2017

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Finally!  A new post! 

It's been a while since I posted as literally every single piece of technology I owned died at about the same time.  I only wish I was kidding.  So I had to kind of pick and choose about what I needed first.

The last thing I was able to replace was my desktop PC.

And at literally the exact same time - we arrived at one of my favorite times of the year - for cooking.  We've talked about this before, but literally the MOMENT we have one cold Fall day - which happened this week, all I can think about is lasagna and garlic bread, roast and mashed potatoes, and every casserole that is rich and stick-to-your-ribs.  Comfort food.  Building up that fat layer like a bear hibernating for winter.

Except for not really like a bear.

I thought that with the hustle and bustle of returning to school and the chill in the air (and snow in some places), we should do a SUPER easy crockpot chicken dish. 

I've come across this recipe a number of times and a number of ways... 

In the oven with cheese, in the crockpot, on and on.  I've actually tried the oven method, but found that the stuffing came out dry.  However - that recipe used white wine and I thought it was a wonderful addition. 

You're going to need 4 chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and Stove Top (I used the cornbread one, but you can use whatever your heart desires).  And water.  Or possibly sub in the white wine here - I haven't tried it that way yet.


Start filling the crockpot.  First with the chicken.


And cover with the stuffing - not prepared.


Then, combine the water (or white wine!),


add the cream of chicken soup,


then the sour cream.


Whisk until well combined and pour over the stuffing mix in the crockpot. 


Cover and cook on low for four hours.


Serve with roasted veggies, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, salad, or whatever floats your boat.

This recipe is perfect for a busy day when your time is short.  It's exactly the kind of thing that you need on a cool, blustery Fall day.  The chicken and stuffing together is like having the easiest Sunday chicken roast you can whip up!

You could also change up the type of soup (but I wouldn't stray too far from the 'cream of' types) to change the flavours.

I think it took me 15 minutes to throw everything into the slow cooker and that was it!

Enjoy!


Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package Stove Top Stuffing
1 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup water
  1. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl of a slow cooker
  2. Cover with the unprepared Stove Top stuffing
  3. In a bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and water
  4. Pour the soup mixture over the top of the stuffing to cover.
  5. Put on the lid and cook on low for four hours.
  6. Serve!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to feed this to the Brits this week!

    ReplyDelete