Monday 27 November 2017

Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie

It has been a busy week in my house!  I had two extra special visitors staying with me and it was such a treat.  My niece is just wonderful and it was so great for us to spend some time together.  And their dog, Kraken - a long-hair Chihuahua, was my shadow every second I was home.

They had me so tuckered out at the end of each day, I could hardly keep my eyes open!

And I saved as much of the boring stuff (aka - grown up chores) from my day until after my niece had been tucked in for the night - and I kind of forgot about you.  Sorry.

Now that they've gone back to their Mom and Dad, I'm sort of lonely for them.  It'll wear off soon.  I always feel that way after visitors go.

So to cheer me up, I figured the only logical thing to do was to share this delicious Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie.

I gots the smarts.

Here's what you'll need.


Start by combining melted butter and cookie crumbs in a bowl.  Then press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.


Toss the crust in the fridge.

Then, in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese,


and the icing sugar.  Beat until combined.


Fold in some Cool Whip.


Gently stir in some cookie chunks.


Spread that mixture evenly into the cookie crust.

Then, whisk together the chocolate pudding and the chocolate milk.


Fold some Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.


Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture.


Then spread more Cool Whip overtop of the pudding mixture.


So it looks like this.


Drizzle with fudge sauce.  I was KINDOF sorry I did this - but only because the Cool Whip was so pretty.  (refer to picture above)  But it was really tasty.


Refrigerate until ready to serve.


I loved this easy, cookie-filled pie.  I also loved how easy this was to make.  If you're all prepared, it takes maybe 1/2 an hour to whip (no pun intended) together.  I can't really be sure exactly, because things like this always take me much longer because I stop and take pictures - but 30 minutes sounds about right.

Sometimes fast and delicious is the name of the game. 

I kindof wish I had this pie right now.  *insert bummed out face here*

Enjoy! -Heather



Cookies and Cream Chocolate Pie

2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (18 - 20 cookies)
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup icing sugar
1 8-ounce container Cool Whip
2/3 cups Oreo cookies chunks (about 6 cookies)
1 3.9-ounce package Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding mix
1 cup chocolate milk
Mini Oreos and chocolate fudge for topping, if desired
  1. In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and the melted butter.  Stir until the cookie crumbs are moistened.
  2. Press the cookie mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.  Refrigerate while the other ingredients are being prepared.
  3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese and icing sugar.  Beat until creamy.  Fold in 1/2 cup of Cool Whip.  Gently stir in the Oreo cookie chunks.  Spread evenly over the refrigerated crust.  Continue to refrigerate.
  4. Whisk together the pudding and chocolate milk.  Fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip.  Spread evenly over the cream cheese mixture. 
  5. Spread 1 cup of Cool Whip over the pudding mixture.
  6. Drizzle with chocolate fudge topping, if desired.  Top with mini Oreo cookies if desired.
  7. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment