Saturday 23 June 2012

Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies

Okay, okay - I know that Easter was, like, ages ago - but just bear with me!

I'm sure by now I've established that I looo.ooove Cadbury Creme Eggs, but I wanted to talk about that other Easter wonder - the Mini Egg. 

Poor Mini Eggs - next to Creme Eggs (in my opinion anyway), they're just an afterthought.  I'll eat 'em, but I wouldn't CHOOSE them.

But I know SOME.ONE who prefers Mini Eggs to Creme Eggs...  In fact, she thinks Creme Eggs are disgusting. 

This SOME.ONE may or may not be my Mom.

I might unfriend her from Facebook.

Hi Mom!!!!  *waves*

I thought about taking my chocolate chip cookie recipe and subbing in chopped up Mini Eggs for the chocolate chips. 

But then at the last minute I decided to just make them using the recipe that I had found.

Cause I'm crazy like that.

And I like doing what I want.

So - here's what you're gonna need.


The recipe says to CHOP the Mini Eggs - but the thought of chopping each individual egg and the frustration and anger that would most likely ensue ticked me off so I came up with a much more efficient way to get the Mini Eggs chopped.

I put them into a heavy duty zippy bag and took the bag outside and beat the ever living heck out of the eggs with a hammer.


It was really quite satisfying.

And efficient!

Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.


Beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.

Add the sugars and beat another two minutes.


Then beat in the vanilla.


Then the eggs - one at a time - until combined.


On low, stir in the flour mixture gradually untill combined.


Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the Mini Egg bits by hand.



Drop the dough onto the cookie sheet using a handy dandy cookie scoop - but not one that's broken and you've been meaning to take it in to get fixed because it's broken but then you forget about it and when you do use it the darn thing is a pain in your rear end and you want to throw it through a window.

Definitely don't use that cookie scoop.  It always ends poorly.

This recipe says to bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.  I did try that - but then for the rest of the batch I lowered the heat to 350 degrees and baked the cookies for 10 minutes - I much prefer the way they came out of the oven.


They turned out to be REALLY good!  Although I didn't think the chocolate bits were terribly obvious - but the little bits of candy shell throughout the cookie was really great!



Wanna know how I KNOW they were great?  My Mom keeps sneaking them out of the freezer....!

This is the Cane Girl - signing off.
Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
(I didn't change much here except for the oven temp - just keep an eye on your cookies)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
20 ounces Cadbury Mini Eggs, chopped
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
  3. In a stand mixer bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth - about three minutes.
  4. Add the granulated and brown sugars and beat on medium speed for two minutes until combined.
  5. Add the vanilla and mix.
  6. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure they are well combined.
  7. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until combined.
  8. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and stir in the chopped Mini Eggs by hand.
  9. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
  10. Cool on cookie sheet for about five minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Source:  Little Bitty Bakes

No comments:

Post a Comment