Monday's used mean something to me - but with the schedule I keep, they have kind of lost their meaning.
But I remember what Monday's felt like - and we all need something to make us happy on Monday - that's why Mondays equal comfort food.
One of my favorite comfort foods, aside from pizza, cake, and etc. etc., is Mac & Cheese.
Today's recipe is from Michelle at Brown Eyed Baker.
It's a three cheese sauce topped with seasoned bread crumbs and baked.
It was YUMMY.
Yeah - I caved, I bought bread crumbs... But the recipe called for seasoned bread crumbs and the last time I made seasoned bread crumbs myself it didn't go so well.
Cook the macaroni and set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the flour.
Then add the salt and dry mustard.
Then add the milk and cook until thickened.
Add half the cheddar and stir.
Add half the swiss and stir.
Add half the mozza and stir.
Add the pasta and stir to coat.
Put the pasta and sauce into a casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
Top with seasoned bread crumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Thanks Michelle for yet ANOTHER great recipe! You're awesome!
This is the Cane girl - signing off.
Baked Mac n' Cheese
8 ounces macaroni pasta
4 Tablespoons butter, divided
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 cups milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup swiss cheese, divided
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Add the salt and dry mustard and stir until well combined.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in half of each kind of cheese until melted.
- Stir in the macaroni into the sauce and pour into a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- In a bowl, melt the butter. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until all moistened.
- Top the cheese with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until breadcrumbs are golden and sauce is bubbling.
- Let stand for a few minutes and serve.