Thursday 13 August 2015

Texican Burgers

I'm going to be totally straight up with you.
 
I seriously dropped the ball on posting all these delicious burger recipes.  Like bad dropped.
 
Also - I've kind of been hoarding them because I kind of didn't REALLY want to share because I wanted to keep them all to myself.
 
Like a bag of jelly beans.
 
But not really like jelly beans.
 
So today - today I am sharing with you my FAVORITE burger of the summer.  The Texican.
 
Damn.  Damn these burgers are DELICIOUS!!!!
 
And simply straight forward.
 
First.  A bun.  Use this recipe.
 
 
 
Next - refried beans.  As much or as little as you want.  I LOOOVE refried beans, so I put a fairly healthy "dollop" on the bottom bun.  Before the burger patty. 

 
 
Then. The meat. I personally like this method.  I've made these burgers twice and once I tossed in a teaspoon of cumin (cause I love it!) into the beef before mixing it up and forming the patties.  #worthit 
 
And that's Monterey Jack cheese all gloriously melted on top.  I just shred as much as I think we'll want and then put some on the patties while they're on the cue and then have extra.  Cause extra cheese is always a must. 

 
Then all of that happiness is topped with a pico de gallo and a chipotle mayo.  I slightly modified the chipotle mayo from Shawnda's original recipe - because I'm lazy.  

 
And then the top bun gets place on top and the whole thing just harmoniously comes together.  

 
*drools*
 
Look at that!  I love burgers that you need to follow up with a fork.  Tortilla chips would also make a welcome addition on the table.  Also - make sure you have LOTS of paper towel. 
 
Napkins just will not deal with the mess this burger will make.  Paper towel are a must.



Yep.  My favorite burger.  Smoky chipotle, fresh pico, the burger, the refried beans, the perfect delicious bun that ties it all together.
 
I truly have no words.

 
Just make it. 
 
You'll thank me - I can tell.
 
xoxo - Heather
Texican BurgerScaled for 4 servings
1 batch hamburger patties
1 batch hamburger buns
Refried Beans
Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
Chipotle Mayo (recipe below)
 
Pico de Gallo
2 roma tomatoes, seed and chop
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (you can leave this out completely if you want)
Small handful of cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Salt
  1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  2. Set aside to allow the flavors to meld. (can be made a couple of hours in advance)
Chipotle Mayo
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup sour cream
2 - 3 canned chipotle peppers with 1 Tbsp sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
  2. Blend well.
  3. Refrigerate to allow flavors to meld.



No comments:

Post a Comment