Friday 8 July 2016

Beach House Burgers

I'm going to be honest with you.

I've never really been a Surf 'n Turf girl.  Give me one or the other.  I think I probably felt this way because I didn't think beef and seafood ever really married well.

But, as of late, my mind has been changed.  Maybe it was the California Roll Burger.  Maybe it was the Burgers Oscar (which still have to make an appearance!  Stay tuned for that!).  Maybe it was these delightful Beach House Burgers.

Either way.  I'm now a converted Surf 'n Turf girl.  Sweet lobster or crab paired with a juicy, beefy steak.  I'm in for that.

This burger though.  Shrimp salad on top of a seasoned beef patty with cheese, lettuce, and mayo.

PERFECTION.

For the patties.  I followed my standard burger recipe and then seasoned both sides with Old Bay Seasoning (LOVE that stuff).


Top with a slice of cheddar cheese, mayo, and lettuce.


Then top with this AMAZING shrimp salad.  Very, very simple to throw together.  Cooked shrimp, green onions, celery, fresh tarragon (feel free to leave this out if you choose), Old Bay Seasoning, mayo, salt and pepper, juice from half a lemon.


Mine seemed to be fairly runny, but I was totally fine with that.  (it might have been excess water from the onions or celery, or maybe just a tad too much lemon juice)


See why I've been converted?


This was literally the PERFECT surf 'n turf burger. And the shrimp salad was so scrumptious, we ate the leftovers out of the bowl.  Good grief I need better lighting.  These were so much more beautiful in person!

The shrimp would also make a DIVINE seafood melt....  If you were so inclined.  (I'm thinking a mix of cheddar and monterey jack shredded)

If we weren't so busy trying out all kinds of different burgers, this one would be making a fairly regular appearance on Sunday.

Enjoy!
xoxo - Heather

Beach House Burgers

1 recipe hamburger buns
1 recipe hamburger patties (when prepared, sprinkle both sides lightly with Old Bay seasoning - about 1/2 teaspoon, then cook)
1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons mayo
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
juice from 1/2 a lemon
Slices of cheddar cheese

  1. Cut shrimp into small pieces - about 2 - 3 pieces per shrimp.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, green onions, celery, tarragon, mayo, 1/2 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.  Set aside.
  3. To assemble:  Bottom bun, patty, cheese, shrimp salad, lettuce, mayo, top bun.

No comments:

Post a Comment