Thursday 5 July 2018

Ranch Crack Burgers

I'm always drawn to blogs that have unique names.  Because - what's in a name?  Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?

Even the name of THIS blog - which is set to undergo some changes soon - is part of what draws people in.

Often, the rule of thumb is - cool blog name first, then content.

With the introduction of Pinterest however, it's always pictures, then content, then blog name.

But I digress.

I've featured a few recipes from Steph - over at Plain Chicken.  Her recipes are easy and straightforward.  With simple and straightforward ingredients.  She is a self-proclaimed picky eater and that makes her cool in my books - being someone who was the pickiest eater ever and still has food aversions as an adult - though I'm happy to report that I'm much better now than I was as a young adult.

And Steph features everything cheddar bacon ranch - which she has dubbed "Crack".  The list of recipes are too numerous to count.  Side dishes, burgers, casseroles, appetizers - it's crazy.  If you're a cheddar bacon ranch fan - head on over to Steph's blog.

I came across the "Crack Burgers" one day and knew they should be on the list.  I had no idea how they would turn out, but figured I should give them a whirl.

Forgive the pictures - they have a blue undertone that I usually catch, but was clearly distracted.

You're going to want to pre-cook some bacon - cause that's joining this party.


In a large bowl, combine the bacon and ranch dressing.


Add the sour cream.


And the cheddar cheese.


Then the beef.


Combine and press into patties.  Remember to not overmix or over press the meat.  It'll end up being tough.


Then grill until cooked through.



Top with leftover bacon.



And cheese if you want.  I didn't because there was so much cheese in the burgers - but you could.  I mean, there was already all that bacon in the burgers and then I added more.



And - oh - my - gosh.  Crack is the only way to describe these burgers.  They were juicy and PACKED full of flavour.

They received a resounding "I approve" and "These are so good" from my brother who doesn't always share his thoughts about what we're eating.

Probably the only thing I would do differently is add a handful of breadcrumbs and make them a little earlier in the day so the flavours have time to meld together.  Refrigerating them for a little while may also make them hold together a little better.  Steph notes that they could fall apart easily.  

If you don't want to add the breadcrumbs, I suggest cutting squares of parchment and putting each patty on a piece of parchment so you can flip the patty onto the grill without a lot of handling.

For toppings - simple is best.  Lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, maybe a little mustard.  I don't think that ketchup would work too well with the ranch flavour - of which there is a LOT.

I would say that right now - this is my favorite burger of the summer!  Well - maybe after these Dorito and Monterey Jack Stuffed Burgers.

You should grill these up immediately!

xoxo - Heather


Crack Burgers

1 1/2 pound ground beef
3 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons ranch dressing mix
1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Toppings as desired
  1. Combine the sour cream, ranch dressing, bacon, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.  Add the beef and mix until combined - the mixture will be very moist.  Do not overwork the beef or the burgers will be tough.
  2. Evenly divide the beef mixture into 4 and shape into patties.
  3. Grill over medium-high heat until cooked through.  About 4 - 5 minutes each side.  Try not to move the patties until they are ready to be flipped.
  4. Serve on Hamburger Buns and top as desired.
Source: Plain Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment