Monday 28 November 2011

Happy Birthday Dee!!!!

Today is Dee's birthday!

I made her a batch of these...
Oreo Cupcake with Oreo Frosting.  Yum.  Uh - we call it the Dirty Oreo.  We're sickos.

Dee and I have known each other for ages and ages.  I actually went to school with her brother, and Dee and MY brother were two years behind us.  Dee's brother and I met in Grade 8.  So.  Um.  Yeah.  We're all old.

It wasn't until Dee moved to the big city a block and a half from my old apartment that we started hanging out together.

That was 11 years ago.

And she has since become one of my most nearest and dearest friends.  She is always willing to be my guinea pig and never worries when I say "Here, try this".  She is always there to listen when I need her and she does her best to make me smile when I'm sad.  She is always there to share a joke and a laugh.

She knows my secrets and has seen many of my flaws, but she obviously still likes me - she's still taking my phone calls.

To my Dee Dee.  I know that sometimes you think that things aren't the way they should be at this point in your life - but you and I both know that there are likely reasons for that.  But for today, and every day after that, just ENJOY what the world and the universe throws your way.  I believe completely that you will wind up getting EVERYTHING you have ever dreamed of.  I'm so proud to call you my friend and I look forward to sharing many MANY more birthdays (and just regular old days) with you.

Wishing you the happiest of happiest - the Cane Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment