I like it fresh, I like it leftover, then only stipulation I have is that it has to be heated up.
Now. I was a particularly picky child. I hated almost everything. EV.RY.THING.
But pizza I liked. Only cheese though. Plain cheese. Well, with the sauce. Sauce and cheese. I still like to order it like that - and the people taking my order always go "uh, is that it?". Yeah. That's it. Just do it.
And now, I have expanded my horizons a little. I do like pepperoni. I LOVE the Bruschetta Pizza at Pizza Hut. I had a goat cheese pizza the other day - it was heaven.
I keep wanting to expand my horizon even farther. You know - just in case I'm missing something fabulous.
There are rules though - no pineapple, no mushrooms, no chicken. I have a firm belief that chicken doesn't belong on pizza.
And you might say "crab doesn't belong on pizza either", but I've never had it on pizza and I may land on the side of Crab Belongs on Pizza. Who knows.
So tonight, I halved my oh so wonderful pizza crust recipe and when it was ready to go, I topped with the called for toppings.
I didn't use as much garlic as the recipe called for, and I didn't use all the crab or artichokes, and I thought it could have used a little more cheese.
It smelled SO SO good when it was cooking. I could hardly wait for it to come out of the oven.
Even though it didn't rock my world, it was preTTy darn good. Although I was right it - could have used more cheese.
I don't know if I would add it to a regular rotation or not, but it was great for something different.
Be warned - it doesn't reheat well.
This is the Cane Girl - signing off.
Crab & Artichoke Pizza
1 recipe pizza dough
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 (6 ounce) can crab meat - drained and cartilage removed
1 (6 ounce) jar quartered artichoke hearts in water - drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a pizza pan. (I went by my dough recipe's instructions)
- Roll out pizza dough and place onto a pizza pan.
- Sprinkle dough with red pepper flakes.
- Top evenly with crab and artichokes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese has melted and the crust is no longer doughy, about 20 minutes.
- Set oven to broil and cook pizza for 5 minutes more until the cheese has begun to brown. (uh - yeah - I missed this part)