Tuesday 10 December 2013

Limeade Pie

I realize it's still the freaking Arctic Circle outside, but I think you need something reminiscent of summer.

Something light and fluffy.

Something like this pie.

Remember a little while ago when I made this Lemon Pie?  It's actually pretty similar....  Just different.

But kind of the same.

The only thing I can really recommend here is time.  I would say that you definitely need to refrigerate this for at least 8 hours to set up properly.  Overnight would be better.

 
In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk,

 
the limeade concentrate,

 
and three cups of Cool Whip.

 
Pour into a graham cracker crust and refrigerate.
 
Overnight is so best.

 
As a citrus lover, I really loved the tang of the filling.  I loved that it was so light and fluffy. 
 

Honestly, I know it's the dead of winter.  I know that it's going to be a gazillion years until Spring comes.

But if you're suffering from the Winter blues, I totally think that a light, fluffy, citrusy pie is the way to go.

And if you accidentally eat the entire thing - I won't judge you.

Dealing with the Winter blues - the Cane girl.

Limeade Pie

1 (6 ounce) can limeade concentrate, thawed
1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
8 ounces (3 cups) Cool Whip, thawed
9-inch Graham Cracker Crust
  1. In a large bowl, combine the thawed limeade concentrate, condensed milk, and 3 cups Cool Whip.
  2. Pour into the graham cracker crust and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Source:  The Girl Who Ate Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment