Monday 3 February 2014

Jalapeno Popper Pizza

My sister-in-law does NOT like jalapeno peppers.

So when she and my niece went away for the weekend, I KNEW this was what I wanted to make for my brother for Sunday Supper.

Although I wasn't sure about how he would feel about the cream cheese "base".

To begin, start by roasting the jalapenos in a frying pan over medium-high heat.

 
Using your choice of dough, spread really REALLY soft cream cheese over the top of the dough.

 
Then top with Mozzarella cheese.

 
And some cheddar.

 
 Then top with the roasted, peeled, and sliced jalapenos.  I pulled as many of the seeds out as possible - because I'm a wimp when it comes to heat.

 
Then bake according to the crust instructions.

 
And eat.


Yummers.

I'm pleased to say that it was a hit with my brother - and with me as well!

This pizza is perfect for those of you who love jalapeno poppers, it's perfect for game day, it's perfect for Saturday afternoon.

I would definitely add this to my rotation!

Enjoy! - xoxo - Heather

Jalapeno Popper Pizza

1 recipe pizza dough
2 jalapenos
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  1. Prepare pizza dough according to recipe instructions. 
  2. While the dough is rising, roast the jalapenos in hot frying pan, rotating until the skin is blackened all over. Put into a plastic zip bag, seal, and let cool until able to handle.
  3. Peel the skin, slice, (remove the seeds if desired) and set aside.
  4. Place the prepared dough onto a pizza pan (or stone) and roll out to desired shape and size. 
  5. Gently spread the softened cream cheese over the rolled out dough.
  6. Spread the Mozzarella cheese over the cream cheese.
  7. Spread the Cheddar cheese over the Mozzarella.
  8. Lastly, top with the sliced jalapenos.
  9. Bake according to crust recipe instructions and serve.
Source:  Simple Comfort Food

No comments:

Post a Comment