Wednesday 1 June 2016

Start of Summer Burger Roundup

It's June 1st today!

Officially the start of summer isn't until June 21st or something like that, but I like to think of the very beginning of June to be the official kickoff to summer.  Now we just need to get the sun out and the temperatures up and I'll be a happy girl.

I hope you remember way back when I posted fancy-schmancy burger recipes and they were all glorious and delicious and hungry-making.

Before we get to those, a couple of basics - buns and patties. 

I LOVE these buns.  They're strong and sturdy and hold up to everything we put on them.  They taste delicious and they're hardly any hands-on work.

 
This is the method I use for a basic patty.  Some recipes have specific patty ingredients - so I'll use that recipe, but for the most part this is the method/recipe that I use.  The result is tender and juicy and packed with flavor.



Now that we've reviewed the basics - let's take a look at the burgers I've featured before!

One of my all-time favorites - Shrimp Burgers.  So light and lemony and delicious!

 

Just a sauce topping that turns a regular burger into a wild, smoky treat.  Wild Mountain Bacon Cheeseburger sauce.

 
 
If turkey is your thing - you could try these Southwestern Turkey Burgers.  But that chipotle pepper ketchup would totally rock a regular beef burger.

 

And for a Mediterranean twist - how about these Middle Eastern Turkey Burgers?  The mint, the parsley, and the complex of spices topped with a creamy, dreamy Tzatziki sauce is totally perfect for a hot summer day! 


These Jalapeno Popper burgers were totally fantastic.  The saltiness of the cheese, the crisp of the bacon, the sweetness of the cream cheese, the zing of the jalapenos - that avocado-ranch topping.  It all went together like it was always meant to be.  Don't be freaked out by the cream cheese stuffed into the beef - it's truly a delight.

 
 
I love to cook with wine - there's just something about it that creates depth and layers of flavor to any dish that makes it a welcome addition to any dish.  Even BURGERS!  For these, the wine is reduced and added to the beef and then cooked.  These Cabernet Saugvignon burgers are elegant and unexpectedly wonderful.

 
 
I know every time I make a burger I say I love it.  Because I DO!  But this has GOT to be my very most favorite.  I would make it over and over again.  The Texican.  Refried beans, burger patty, Monterey jack cheese, pico de gallo, chipotle mayo.  It all comes together between the top and bottom bun.   
 
 
 
The Boss.  Slightly similar to the Texican in that I used Pico de Gallo and chipotle mayo, but completely different with the bacon, the egg, the salsa verde.  Yep - an egg.  Fried to be exact.  There is SO MUCH going on in this burger I don't even know where to begin.  I'm not even sure how the buns held up to all the filling - yet somehow, we managed to stuff it all in and get it into our mouths.  Forks are probably a must with this burger.
 
 
 

If you get a chance, I definitely recommend whipping these up as quickly as possible.  But since it's a new summer, I'll start posting some new and exciting burgers soon.
 
Have wonderful summer! 
 
xoxo - Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment