Wednesday 1 January 2014

My Favorite 10 Dishes of 2013

Trying to choose a favorite dish is like trying to choose a favorite child.

I think.  I have no term of reference to speak of.

But since I made so many things I loved this year - it was hard to pick from the bunch, because they were all delicious and awesome in different ways.

And they are - in no specific order

Chicken Tortilla Soup - I've been working my way through tortilla soup recipes.  This one is one of the top 3 recipes I now have in my arsenal.  Easy, hearty, and delicious.




Chicken Tortilla Soup - Yep.  Another tortilla soup recipe.  Please don't judge.  I live in Canada - it's the only thing that gets me through the winter and keeps my blood running!  This one is exceptionally, strangely awesome due to the fact that there are tortillas in the soup.  Seriously.  But trust me - it's divine.


 


Drunken Spaghetti - This recipe is so fantastic.  It's quick and easy enough to make a weeknight meal an enjoyable treat, but impressive enough to serve for a dinner for someone special.  The wine imparts a ton of flavor to the pasta, meaning you don't have to dress it up with a sauce.




Mini Spinach Dip Bread Bowls - My brother and cousin talked about this incredible appetizer at dinner a few nights after I made it for them - and it still comes up in conversation.  I actually think it's one of the most impressive appies that I make.  And SO, SO easy!




Biscoff Cream Pie - Being a Canadian - it's actually impossible to find Biscoff in mainstream grocery stores.  However, if you happen to have a European import store in your town - it's likely they carry it!  Run and check.  Run.  Biscoff is a creamy, caramely spread that is divine - like - straight from the jar divine.  No base required.  But, then I made this pie....  I dream about this pie on a pretty regular basis.  My goodness....





Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas - These are so delicious you'll be biting and scratching to get the last one out of the pan.  Even my 4-year old niece gobbled hers down.  And they're SO easy - what's not to love?




Tomato Tortellini Soup - I'm completely thrilled by this recipe.  The first time I made it according to the original instructions and ingredients it did NOT turn out like a soup.  But I knew I could do something to make it what I wanted.  And it came out perfectly.  Rich and hearty - I completely love it.




Pioneer Woman's Meatball Sliders - I've made these meatballs over and over again, and every time I do they are a hit.  Tender, delicious, and easy - who could ask for more.




Texas Trash Dip - This recipe floated around like crazy on Pinterest and I desperately wanted to make it.  Plus - LOVE the name.  So easy, so yummy, so bad for you.  And it makes a huge batch - so unless you are hosting a party, I would definitely recommend halving it.  It's worth every calorie.




Chicken and Orzo with Goat Cheese - I dig casseroles.  This one is delicious and I totally recommend it.  Unless you hate goat cheese.  Then you're out of luck.  And I love that I can pretend that it's healthy because it has Orzo and that's pretty healthy.  I think.

 
 
There you have it.  My 10 favorite dishes of 2013!  I'm so excited to see what is fun and awesome about 2014.
 
May this New Year bring you many joys - the Cane girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment