Saturday 4 January 2014

Top 10 Most Popular Posts of 2013

2013 will go down as one of the most interesting years of my life.

A new job, a new town, a new house, new friends.  Marrying off one of my most bestest friends.  Finding out she and her husband will be parents this coming May (I couldn't be more excited!). 

And you, fair reader.  Spending it with you has been wonderful! 

I won't keep you waiting any more - here are the top 10 most popular posts of 2013.

Whatsay we start with number 10?

10 - Pioneer Woman's Meatball Sliders
This also made my personal top 10 list. If you've had them you can totally understand why.  They are delicious and tender and even the pickiest eaters would love them.


9 - Tomato Tortellini Soup
Another from my personal top 10!  And I'm extra excited about this one because I like to pretend that with all the changes I made to the original recipe, it's very much my own recipe.  Even though it's not.  Hearty, thick, and rich - this soup is definitely perfect for us Canucks.



8 - Chicken Chimichangas
A decidedly healthy departure from a traditional chimichanga, these ones are baked and not fried.  I made them the same night as I made these Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas and the chimichangas were the favorite of my sister-in-law.  And I didn't miss the fried version myself.



7 - Crab & Brie Mac & Cheese
I spent a wad of cash on a magazine just so I could get this recipe.  And I wasn't disappointed, I enjoyed it immensely!



6 - Norwegian  Almond Cake
Although not terribly pretty, this rustic, old-world cake is delicious and sure to please any guest you might be having over for dinner.



5 - "Red Lobster" Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Touting the claim that these biscuits were just as good as the biscuits served at the famous chain, I needed to try the recipe.  Guess what - they're DELICIOUS.  And most likely better than the ones you get at the restaurant - which I always find overly salty.



4 - Appletini Cupcakes
I'm not terribly surprised that this recipe would make the top 5, and although I had higher hopes for them, I found them lacking in appletini flavor.  However, the recipe for the vanilla cupcake base is pretty darn delightful.



3 - Drunken Spaghetti
Also one of my favorites from this year (also the feature for my 100th blog post!), this recipe is always going to impress.  The pasta takes on a glorious red color from the wine - not to mention the flavor is bold and unforgettable.  Don't be afraid to experiment with different reds!



2 - Homemade Rolling Pin Cover
Yep - Not a food post.  Every now and then I decide I MUST have these kinds of things. A perogy freezer, a rolling pin cover, etc.  I'm such a weirdo.  And with only an idea, some instructions for a drawstring bag, I whipped this thing up.  It's not that bad.  Imagine how deadly I would be with an actual pattern.



And the big Number 1 is........


These Cadbury Crème Egg Brownies.  If you know me, you know that I LOOOOOOVE my Cadbury Crème eggs.  Like.  A lot.  While super-sweet, these brownies are delightfully fun and people are always excited by them.  Thank you so much to Lindsey, formerly of Gingerbread Bagels.  I miss your adorable website, fun banter, and delightful recipes. 

Thank you all so much for stopping in and checking things out!  Don't forget that you can sign up to have posts e-mailed to you directly and if you try a recipe and you like it - leave me a comment!  I would love to hear from you!

Happy New Year!  xoxo - the Cane girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment